akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Hey,

I have a canon t3i with a 100mm macro lens. I run a AI blue sol fixture and I love the blue look. What are some settings you guys use on manual mode?
Trying to play around with it, but the colors seem a little crazy.

IMG_1694CR2.jpg

IMG_1691CR2.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
At the last LIRA meeting the presentation was about photography..their suggestion was to shoot in RAW as the camera has no clue how to compensate for all of that blue light we have over our tanks.
The pics will look like heck on the camera but after you download them you will see you have captured the true colors...so they said.
Try it! :)

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Try this:

Get a piece of PVC and put it in the tank with the light on that you want to shoot. Then take a photo of the pvc and use that to create the Custom White balance. Even when I do that, I till need to tweak the settings a bit and take a few pics to get them to natural look.

It is all about white balance. The prob with shooting in the RAW and doing WB outside is that you need something white in the tank so the computer can make the adjustment for you. In your one pic you would be fine you would just adjust the white balance with the egg crate, but not all pics will have White in them.

:)

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I got a piece of white printing paper, put it next to the tank and took a shot of that. Didn't work out too well. Little bit better but not much. The white balance with the egg crate wouldn't work with me because I use black frag racks. lol.

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Shooting in RAW is the only way to go! RAW allows a broader range of white balance adjustments, you adjust the white balance AFTER the picture is taken with RAW format...

Use an editing program like Adobe Lightroom....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: