saltwaterman112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Can any one give me some tips on how to take some good pictures of corals with a macro lens. I have a D90 with a tamron 90mm macro lens. I just got this camera but it has alot of features. Do you guys take pictures with MH/T5 on or off and what setting should i worry about. Thanks

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i am no expert but i have a D80 and first up, you need a tripod when doing macro shots. as far as settings, you have to play with the camera and the different settings, you can can away with the "auto" setting on a lot of shots and use the "macro" setting for the close-ups. you can try this link out.

http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You'll probably want more light to get a clearer pic, so MH on
No flash, you'll end up seeing a reflection from the glass of the tank so lights off in the room except for the tank's lights.
If the color is off, you can either use white balance on the camera, or you can adjust the colors with adobe photoshop to correct it. If you take the picture in RAW format, it captures more information as well as makes it easier to edit a lot of settings when you transfer to the computer for adobe

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: