jaledi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have red slime but it only grow in my refugium i check my phosphate level it reads 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 i have chaeto and caulepra with a rapid led light bulb that has 4blue and 3white led. my display tank is beautiful and clear except for some of the rock has green algae on it, when the light is on its neon green off regular green.can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong and how to fix this problem.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have red slime but it only grow in my refugium i check my phosphate level it reads 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 i have chaeto and caulepra with a rapid led light bulb that has 4blue and 3white led. my display tank is beautiful and clear except for some of the rock has green algae on it, when the light is on its neon green off regular green.can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong and how to fix this problem.

How long has the tank been set up? My tank has been running for a few months and I have a little red slime in my fuge. I have Mangroves and sea grass, nitrates and phosphates are 0 according to my Elos test. I wouldn't worry about it. Keep up with your tank maintenance and water changes, watch your feelings and you should be ok. It should be gone at some point. Hope this helps.

jaledi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The tank has been running for 5 months now with 2 clowns and 2 chromes... I only feed twice a day... I will do as you suggested and see if that works. I want to get rid of it without using any chemical...Do any snails or hermit crab eat this kind of bacteria?

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The tank has been running for 5 months now with 2 clowns and 2 chromes... I only feed twice a day... I will do as you suggested and see if that works. I want to get rid of it without using any chemical...Do any snails or hermit crab eat this kind of bacteria?

Sounds good, there's nothing that eats that as far as I know. Just be patience and you will win the battle. No need to introduce chemicals to fight cyano algae. I feed every other day in my tank and my fish are fat and healthy. You could probably cut down to once per day also.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I feed a minimum of 3x per day (heavy frozen & 2x auto feeder with spectrum pellets), sometimes 4x (spectrum flakes) if I'm home and neither of my four tanks has cyano whereas my RSM tank that is only fed 1/2 the amount and only 7 months old is a constant battle with cyano on the sand bed.
Based on my 5 tanks, it seems that maturity of the tank is more revelent then feeding more then once per day IME.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I feed a minimum of 3x per day (heavy frozen & 2x auto feeder with spectrum pellets), sometimes 4x (spectrum flakes) if I'm home and neither of my four tanks has cyano whereas my RSM tank that is only fed 1/2 the amount and only 7 months old is a constant battle with cyano on the sand bed.
Based on my 5 tanks, it seems that maturity of the tank is more revelent then feeding more then once per day IME.

I agree with you on the maturity on the tank, I feed every other day now but will probably switch to twice per day in another 6 months or so. My tank has been set up since April.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: