Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Help, I think my purple pseudo fish and my clown have Ich and I just bought them from a fish store. What should I do? They appear to have small white spots on them.

Thanks ahead for the help

:irked:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it is hard to say weather the ich came from the store or it was in the tank but there are medications and hyposalinity methods which are not recommened when you have corals or shrimps etc. and if you do have corals and inverts you can try kick ick it is a coral safe medicine. What i would do is remove all fish from main tank and treat in a hospital tank, and be sure to remember that ich stays in the tank for about 6 -8 weeks even when there is no host. I am currently suffering from this dam ich GL

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
First make sure it is in fact ICH!

Tons of info on MR concerning ICH, and it's treatment! Search button at the top of the page.;)

Any treatment should be done in a hospital tank. Set up is simple - glass tank lg enough to hold sick fish comfortably for 8 to 10 weeks, hang on filter(no carbon during meds), some pvc pieces for hiding, heater, power head, air pump w/air stone for added oxygen as most meds will deplete it.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
if you are going to use copper buy a copper test kit so u can monitor copper in the water.i know people say this dont work but it worked for me.when i had ick in my tank i dosed my fish food with a good dose of garlic extreme with every meal and i bought a cleaner shrimp.my ich wsas gone and hasnt returned since.that was 11 0r 10 months ago.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: