BCinYa

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone;

Thank you for your interest and participation in our MACO Aquarium Photography course. I will be your course’s facilitator and I look forward to (virtually) meeting everyone in a few weeks.

If you’d like to get a little bit of a jumpstart to the program, please upload a few of your recent, favorite photographs to this forum so that everyone can get a sense of what other student’s photographic interests are and so that we can see some of your aquariums and wet-pets. Don’t worry about it if you think your photos could be better. After all, this is a Aquarium Photography class and the goal is to improve and hone your skills.

Below are a couple of images I’ve produced on recent shoots.

If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me with them. I’ll do whatever I can to help you out.

All the best, Chris Hudson
[email protected]
www.chrishudsonphotography.com/fish

3f3ccfde.jpg

947127e0.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Chris and eveyone,

I started out in photography about 7 - 8 years ago with the purchase of a Nikon coolpix 995. This was when DSLR's where in their infancy and far too expensive. The coolpix 995 gave me full manual control, so I learned alot about controlling DOF, pan blurs, and all the other things you can control with shutter speed and aperture size.

I advanced to a D80 about a 2 years ago and got my first taste of a real DSLR. I loved the D80 but demo'd a D300 and couldn't resist. I bought the D300 immediately. what a great camera. I am still learning how to use it and really really like it a lot. I also have an assortment of lenses ranging from a 60 MM macro to my newest lens, a 200-400MM F4 super telephoto. I just got that yesterday and am going to the zoo today to try it out. I really seem to struggle with Macro Photography for some reason.

You can see examples of my photography by skimming through the 300G build thread located in my signature. That tank was broken down shortly after I got my D80, so most of the pictures are take with the coolpix. I found aquarium photography particularly difficult, especially getting the color right. I have since learned a lot of post processing techniques using camera raw and CS3.

Next week I will be setting up a new 24G cube, so I'll have an aquarium to photograph once again. Although it won't have much in it to start with.

Here's a picture I took of the moon the last night when my new lens came in. Oops, the attach photo feature isn't available in this forum for some reason. I'll have to get with wade to figure this out. This happened once before in another MACO course I took. I can't remember what the fix was, but they did fix it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW Chris, that first picture you posted is awesome.

Louey

IslandCrow

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, I've noticed most of your photos have very dark backgrounds, which gives great contrast to your subjects. Are you using some Photoshop magic to get that effect, or is that how the pictures are actually shot? And I'm assuming you'll be teaching us your little trick 8)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: