coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
anyone know where I can get some high end SPS frags in the tri-state??? closer is better but will travel.

I'm sick of buying the common stuff. have a few spots left in my tank and would like to get some gems now. Thanks for the help...

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
It's hard to find nice looking frags locally. You basically need get lucky when someone post nice frags on the for sale forum.

If you are willing to buy online you can try BattleCorals (check Reef2Reef for their forum), they have nice packs available once or twice a month.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
It's hard to find nice looking frags locally. You basically need get lucky when someone post nice frags on the for sale forum.

If you are willing to buy online you can try BattleCorals (check Reef2Reef for their forum), they have nice packs available once or twice a month.
Thanks but would much rather buy locally... Been burned too many times by so called online coral farmers.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
There are plenty of awesome corals locally. Go see Dan, he has many really nice ones to get you started. Best piece of advice that I can give you is not to ask for "high end" anything. You're going to get ripped off lol. I have a lot of named corals but the same amount of wild aussie/Indo stuff. When some of the wild pieces color up there is always the change of a very unique coral. I find this part very exciting :)

Looking at some of these tiny VERY EXPENSIVE online frags, obviously photoshopped, no pics of a colony, no lineage to a colony grown in a display, and browned out since the few pics were taken?????. Well, it makes me want to puke!

Last edited:

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
There are plenty of awesome corals locally. Go see Dan, he has many really nice ones to get you started. Best piece of advice that I can give you is not to ask for "high end" anything. You're going to get ripped off lol. I have a lot of named corals but the same amount of wild aussie/Indo stuff. When some of the wild pieces color up there is always the change of a very unique coral. I find this part very exciting :)

Looking at some of these tiny VERY EXPENSIVE online frags, obviously photoshopped, no pics of a colony, no lineage to a colony grown in a display, and browned out since the few pics were taken?????. Well, it makes me want to puke!

Rich... I know what you mean. I'm with you as far as the online stuff go.

LOL, I probably messed myself up by saying high end. I could care less about named corals too. I'm looking for a few nice colored pieces for the few spots I have left for grow out in my tank.

BTW, Been following (lurking, LOL) on your "Gem" thread. That thing is sick. You still got that growing out? its amazing.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I guess I should start showing off my corals but as far as the Bronx goes my tank is beastin right now and they all grown out from 1 and smaller frags

Jackson with u in this name game etc I just buy or trade for what I like u don't care about the name tag as l I not as it looks pretty to me

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Still growing it out. It's fast grower and the color is becoming more intense. I am hoping to get the first few frags out to a couple of friends by the end of the summer. We'll all spread from there. A few of my friends/long time SPS nuts all have those special pieces that started as wild ?? pieces. It's cool to see these corals still floating around through the years :)

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
Still growing it out. It's fast grower and the color is becoming more intense. I am hoping to get the first few frags out to a couple of friends by the end of the summer. We'll all spread from there. A few of my friends/long time SPS nuts all have those special pieces that started as wild ?? pieces. It's cool to see these corals still floating around through the years :)

dude you need to give it a good name, LOL.

How bout 'Wild Maine Blueberries'...

or
'psychedelic supernova'

'aurora borealis acro'

'Jacksons best'

ok I'll stop now that I'm drooling, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: