InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hi Guys
I currently have only 2 Koralia 3's in my 120 (60x26x18) and find it not to be enough flow so I ordered 2 Koralia 4's (Should be here tomorow) to add to the tank. Can someone help me out with the best way to position the 4 pumps within my tank.

Thanx

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have all 4 of my k4 on the back glass pointed up towards the surface of the tank keeping that moving for gas exchange. Also, they are at an angle towards the center. My tunze is on the left side glass panel pushing the water across the tank.

But honestly, you just have to play with them until you find the right placements in your tank.;)

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
u have to place them and move them around till u get the flow how u want every one tank is different and have different animals in it and also how ur aquascaping is i have one of my 3s pionting so the surfice so it always beening disturb and the other pionting down

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
I have to agree with DUBS. I rarely see tanks set up with Power heads in the same place due to that fact that everyone's tank is different. It depends on where your pump is pushing water, etc. I have two Koralia 4's and two 2's in my tank, one of each points down, one of each points up and all cross each other across the tank. It took a long time to find the water movement that worked best for the fish, corals and the tank itself.

Goodluck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: