yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am getting very frustrated with frag placement! I don't have a frag tank, or frag rack. I buy all my frags on plugs. I find good locations for them but some of the spots I choose the holes are too small for the plug. Others the angle which the plus rests puts the frag at a bad angle.

How do you get your frags to stay? Do you glue them? Usually this ends up with me getting glue all over the place and leaving a frag not so secure.

Curious what you all do.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
MING a fellow reefer gave me really good advice on the best way to attach plugs or sps to rock. He told me to use both putty(epoxy) and glue. You put a tiny bit of glue on the epoxy and push it into the frag and then another drop of glue on the epoxy on the other side.

So it goes In this order from top to bottom
Frag, glue, epoxy,glue, rock

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Get gel glue cut the stem off the plug and then put the glue on the bottom of the disc and put it on your rock while placing it work it in a circular motion until it grabs

Exactly what I do. Id rather them on a plug so I can easily shift them to a different location if they aren't happy with light or flow intensity. Can be an eyesore for a while but it's much less stressful when things need to be shifted

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Best way I've found !
First put some super glue gel on ur finger tip and rub the glue on the spot of rock ur gonna attach the frag then cut steam off plug put a good glob super gel on the back of plug with steam cut off then place frag in spot u rubbed glue on twist and turn until frag has good hold

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
MING a fellow reefer gave me really good advice on the best way to attach plugs or sps to rock. He told me to use both putty(epoxy) and glue. You put a tiny bit of glue on the epoxy and push it into the frag and then another drop of glue on the epoxy on the other side.

So it goes In this order from top to bottom
Frag, glue, epoxy,glue, rock

This is my method for placing frags. I also used this method to hold my aquascape.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Reefs

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: