jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Can you provide a bit more info around why you are asking this question? Are u looking to frag a piece you have, buying a piece of frag? It will be helpful so ppl can better answer your question

I don't have pics but my Miami hurricane chalice was a square frag on a round frag plug and with frequent target feeding of mysis shrimp it's grown to a round mini colony expanding beyond the original frag plug

I would say if you have a large frag, u don't need a frag plug, but if small plug can help u better secure the frag in place

Hope this helps :)

jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In terms of coloring up, I find the growing edge is always brightly colored. It's tricky to get chalices to color up, you need some nutrient in the water but not too much. And lighting has a lot to do with the color too. Many chalices don't like too bright light exposure ie Miami chalice turns more deep blue with brighter orange eyes when placed in more shaded area

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I think the question was pretty straight forward. Chalices encrust like most corals. Glue it to a rock and watch it slowly grow over it. It should be whatever color it's going to be unless for some reason it was bleached/ dying.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: