• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

reefer6

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep three peppermint shrimp and make sure to feed the tank well so they dont nip at the polyps. They got a real taste for flesh when they devoured my aptasia outbreak in about 3 days.

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 coral banded (female)
1 blood cleaner
1 stripey cleaner

25 gallon tank, only a couple of small gobys so the tank belongs to the Coral Banded. HE IS THE LAW!!!!

JeffH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mouse, Why the did you make a distinction that the Coral Banded is female? Help a newbie understand!
icon_biggrin.gif

tetra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't cleaner shrimps sit on corals and bother them? Are coral banded shrimp reef-safe?

So how many cleaner shrimps and blood shrimp, can I have in a 60-gal?

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tetra,

My cleaner trapses over most my corals, irritating them. He is also the favorite inhabitant of most people. Most my corals aren't bothered too much by the shrimp, except when it comes to feeding time when the shrimp has been known to pull the food out of the closed polyps of my soft corals. I usually have to distract the shrimp and keep him/her well fed. Very entertaining, though.

E

Doughboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two cleaners and one pepermint in a 46 g. The cleaners do pick the food out of the corals at feeding time; somewhat of a challange.

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 cleaner
2 Peppermint
...in a 29g.

No problems btwn the shrimps. But, the Cleaner goes nuts during feeding. This usually causes some corals to close up. These corals usually open right back up after a minute or so.

Tremelle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious as to how many shrimp do you have in your tank? I have 2 blood shrimp and 2 peppermint in a 105 gallon. I was considering adding 2 white stripped cleaners.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One red stripe cleaner, one blood cleaner, two peppermint in a 75 gallon.

Peace,

Chip

TwistOfLemon

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 striped cleaners
2 coral banded mated
110 gal fish only

The coral banded will chase off cleaners but they are not mortal enemies. Female died one day for unknown reason. It stopped feeding when it was full of eggs ? Cleaners are very active and stay in plain sight unlike the blood ones that only came out to eat

leclaire

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 skunk cleaners and a coral banded in a 110g

Everybody gets along fine. Amazingly, the skunk cleaners hang out with the coral banded with no problems.

LL

slojmn1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 blood shrimp
2 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp

All in a 120g, originally had 2 of each. Lost a peppermint somewhere along the way. My larger blood shrimp harassed my small blood shrimp once in a while, then the little guy showed up dead one morning
icon_sad.gif
, I blame the larger blood shrimp but who really knows. Everyone gets along fine now. I keep 1 coral banded in my 40g reef. He is THE LAW as well and has killed a cleaner shrimp the one time I tried to put one in the 40g reef. One mean shrimp.

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff H,

The females are bigger than the males, and every now and then produce bright luminous green eggs on their underside.
icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: