seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
As you can see, reefers are all over the place on feeding corals. Remember, most corals are photosynthetic and get at least part of their needs met by lighting.

I personally have changed my regiment. For years, I never fed corals and just fed the fish and the corals did well. After I got a dendro and started to spot feed that coral, I found that spot feeding was easy to do and then I started to feed corals.

The general concept is most corals are fed most of what they need by lighting and what is being placed in your tank to feed either your fish or specifically your corals.

Most people will probably tell you, that if you feed corals, they grow faster. I noticed that after I started to spot feed all of my corals (including SPS), I have noticed my corals grow faster.

In fact, it is cool to see corals feed, like when their mouths open, etc.

So the question is how many times a week to feed. Depends. Answers can range from none to twice per day. Also, as mentioned, different corals like different foods.

The key is variety and that goes for fish. Don't just feed flake food. Feed frozen food at least twice per week. Remember, the more you feed, the more waste in your tank, so monitor specifically nitrates and phosphates to make sure you don't over feed.

For me, favorite frozen food includes ( mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, copods, etc.).

If you find frozen is expensive, you can save a lot of money, buy making your own frozen food from buying at your local grocery store that has a fish counter. It is very easy to do. There are recipes on the Web.

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: