louoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
ok how many lbs of liverock in a 72 bowfront fowlr will work? i have around 125 lbs so i think thats to much or not

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok how many lbs of liverock in a 72 bowfront fowlr will work? i have around 125 lbs so i think thats to much or not

u should have around 80 pnds... 125 is alot but it wouldnt hurt the tank... just less space for the fish to swim... how did u get 125 pnds?? must have cost a fortune lol... is this ur first tank?? if so i can tell u it will be pretty easy to keep... big tanks are very very easy... just keep up with water changes... BUT they cost alot.. i have a 10 gallon nano

louoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
well this is my 3rd tank but the first one with the right equipment. I had about 150 lbs. I got it from another M reefer i was buying 75 lbs of rock off him, he had another buyer for another 75lbs but he never shoewd up the seller came from Pa so he just gave me the 150 lbs for the price i was buying the 75 lbs cant beat that.

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this is my 3rd tank but the first one with the right equipment. I had about 150 lbs. I got it from another M reefer i was buying 75 lbs of rock off him, he had another buyer for another 75lbs but he never shoewd up the seller came from Pa so he just gave me the 150 lbs for the price i was buying the 75 lbs cant beat that.

if i were you i would use it...it's really good biological filteration.. and u can put some extra in a sump and grow cheato... if u are using it for a fowlr it's still imo a lil too much but for a reef it's good since theres no fish..u should scape it in a way that it gives space for the fish... esoecially if u plan on keeping angels they need apce to swim... ur almost double what you need so u can work with it =)...

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
cant judge by pounds, them days are long gone,marco rock is really light but big, there is no set amount, more porus rock allows for more surface area. ive maybe got 60-70 lb's in my 80g, ive never had more weight then gallons either

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0

Great deal - lucky you!! :)

Have you started to aquascape yet - we'd love to see the pics!!
Nothing to say you have to put it all in the DT, but with that much rock your possibilities of creating the perfect aquascaping increase. Be sure to leave enough areas for the fish to swim through for their enjoyment and not too many 'piles' where detritus can get trapped under/in the rocks;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: