CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I just caught mine with a net. Left the net inside the tank all day so all fish can get used to it, came back in a few hours, and waited till the tang passed by the net and pinned it against the wall with a quick swipe.

Screenshot2012-08-06at90237PM.png

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
So why adding two more is a problem?

Sorry I didn't explain why.
I've had this tang for almost a year, he's gotten bigger.. And it seems that every new addition to the tank he doesn't get tired of harassing. I have a blue throat tigger that he just doesn't let him live
So I wanna get small tangs

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Sorry I didn't explain why.
I've had this tang for almost a year, he's gotten bigger.. And it seems that every new addition to the tank he doesn't get tired of harassing. I have a blue throat tigger that he just doesn't let him live
So I wanna get small tangs
Oh, yellow tangs are nice. You could ask someone to hold it for you and put it back in a few months. You never know where the price of yellow tangs will go up. I remember when you could buy one for $15. Anyway i have success catching them while they're sleeping. Turn on the lights and they become confused, bumping into everything.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
what worked for me is to hand feed them with nori, this way they get used to your hand being near the top of the water, once he is not afraid to eat from your hand, then it's just a matter of having a net in one hand and nori in the other.
I also leave a trap in the tank and feed thru the holes till they get used to eating inside the trap. this works for some harder to catch fish.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My yellow tang is soooooo smart
And he knows when something is going on
He gets alert

I wish I could if had a fish trap

I'll do the flashlight first then I'll try the nori and see

I love yellow tangs that's why I'll buy small ones

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I CAUGHT IT!

I turned off ALL the lights in the room and the tank, even the lunar lights
I flashed my cellphone for a second just to see where it was at. Then started scaring him to a more open space and with the net BOOM! I was caught on the first try
I guess he was not that smart after all lol
I can't deny I was hype when I caught it..lol
Now it's gonna go up for sale

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: