xKEIGOx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted a quastion about weather should or should not use calcium chloride but now i'm still wondering on how to use it?
:?:
How many gram to raise how many ppm of calcium in how many volumn of water?
Or should I mix it with water before adding in? If yes how much water do i need to mix with 500gram of calcium chloride?
How to use the mixture? quantity to use?
Should I add anything alse to the mixture?
I'm all blur blur here~~ please help :oops:
Currently my tank have only 280ppm of calcium 8O
err... just one more? how would it be if i use calcium hydrocide? :wink:
tank yoU! :D

derick

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggestion,

First Measure your Calcium and Alk.

Calcium Cloride is used to make a one time correction of your tanks Ca/Alk balance. Using it to maintian Ca/alk with buffer leads to a build up of NaCl.

You should add Calcium Cloride (alone) to your tank only if your Alk is high/or normal and your Calcium is low.

If you add Calcium Chloride to your tank your Alk will go down unless you add buffer at the same time.

To determine how much (if any Calcium Chloride you need to add to do a one time calcium correction of your system.

If your Ca is low and your Alk is high/or normal post here again along with how big your tank is. We can then figure out how much CaCl you need to add (if any).

Moderators: Hope I'm not out of place replying to this post.

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy's web site should answer your questions on calcium chloride amounts. If not, please post any follow ups.

http://www.andy-hipkiss.co.uk/index.htm ... cacalc.htm

For use of calcium hydroxide, look for threads on limewater (there are hundreds of them). It is not a good way to raise calcium from 280 ppm to 410 ppm because it will raise the alkalinity too far.

Derick:

Anyone is welcome to post answers, and yours was a good one :D If it hadn't been, I'd point out any objections that I had with it :cry:

xKEIGOx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D
hei~ thanks guY!
it's a 96litres tank.
pH= 8.5
KH= 13dKH
I add the calcium chloride into my spare tank where it will automatically top up my main tank water. current calcium level are in 320ppm
:?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: