Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Do elephant ear corals eat...Because I have had this for a year and a half now without feeding it and about 2 days ago something told me to try ....So I put a piece of baby shrimp from the market on it's opening in the middle and it appeared to slowly close and it disappeared...Or maybe it ate it...this thing has not grown much since I got it, only about one or two inches it's the size of a 14in plate...If this thing does eat the growing potential has to be crazy...
Thanks..

This is it on the bottom right corner..

Attachments

• 000_0031.jpg
    000_0031.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 293

jw10604

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have an Elephant Ear that has grown into a 15" monster. I used to feed it some krill once per week. Now my fish steal any food from him. I havent feed it in over a year. Beware that the ear will eat anything it can catch. I have had to free crabs and snails from it. I also think it ate my mandarin.
I do keep him mid level under a 250k light.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I have an Elephant Ear that has grown into a 15" monster. I used to feed it some krill once per week. Now my fish steal any food from him. I havent feed it in over a year. Beware that the ear will eat anything it can catch. I have had to free crabs and snails from it. I also think it ate my mandarin.
I do keep him mid level under a 250k light.

Thanks will watch,but he doesn't eat fish...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: