A

Anonymous

How long did u have your shark???.......what did u feed it when it hatched, what other stuff did u have in the tank???Right now i have it living with a snowflake eel!!!

thanks

A

Anonymous

I hatched maybe 15? I dunno.. some of them were not banded cat sharks... either. I had to force feed all of mine with a syringe when I first got them, but after a few days the started eating the live brine... after that I got them on mysis... I didn't do anything other than secure the egg to a rock in the tank and wait... they hatch when they are ready.

A

Anonymous

I HAVE HAD SHARK EGG FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS NOW, AND IT STILL HASN'T HATCHED!!! I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD CUT IT OPEN OR CRACK IT MYSELF??? THE REASON WHY I AM ASKING, BECAUSE HE LOOKS HUGE INSIDE!!
aND IF NOT....DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN HE'S ABOUT TO HATCH???

THANK YOU JBED

A

Anonymous

Hi there,
Ive hatched 2 of them. dont cut him out, he'll come out when he is ready. Ive been told that if you cut them out they will die. I had my shark eggs for months and months and was dying to cut em out when it looked like they had no room to even breath but I left them alone and let them do their thing. Hope that helps~ aunti

A

Anonymous

did u know when it was going to hatch???any signs???

A

Anonymous

No signs that I was able to notice. It stopped wiggling (probably due to lack of room) but it took a long, long time. I had the eggs since the sharks were so small they didnt look like fish (they reminded me of early stage human fetus but w/ no arms or legs!it was cute) so it probably seemed alot longer than what you will experience. I hope you understand my description! Oh well, anyway hope that helps~aunti

A

Anonymous

Not trying to flame, but shouldn't you have known the answer to this question prior to purchasing this wild creature? It's not like this is a captive bred goldfish...this is a highly complex creature caught from the ocean and with highly specialized requirements. Are you prepare to maintain this creature for is full life span and when it reaches its maximum size?

A

Anonymous

Not to be argumentative but a goldfish is a highly complex creature with special requirements too. People jsut don't cringe as much when they see one in a bowl as opposed to a "real" fish.

Lets not be "Fish Nazis"
smile.gif

As for the shark egg case a lot of them are translucent and if held up to a bright light the embryonic shark can be seen moving inside. When the egg sack is almost gone it will be ready to hatch. Don't try to help it though. If it is healthy it will get out on its own.

A

Anonymous

I agree that goldfish are complex and of no less value...sorry! I just cringe when I see a post saying I've already purchased these animals and I need to know what size tank and skimmer I'll need and by the way how long do I have to wait for my shark (which will eventually grow to the size of a small child - albeit a skinny and sleek one) to hatch. My $.02

A

Anonymous

I would just like to point out that you should not keep a creature who's name you don't even know, much less how to care for it. It is a BANDED cat shark, not a BANNED cat shark as you have put in all your posts.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: