partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
:irked:Hi Everyone
ok so Ive been having problems with dust on my plants and my tank being way too dark. So I go to my lps and buy "red sea flora base to cover Caribsea Floramax. I put about a inch of the rs over the cf and love it. Im so happy with how it looks. Then I read it turns to cr*p after a year and needs to be replaced! Why would they make something like that? I cant imagine having to take all my plants fish shrimp and snails out next year to replace this stuff. I give up

Last edited:

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
lol plant tanks take a lot of care and the initial start ups is normally the thoughest part. I normally just stick with pond soil or eco complete. I've known Pacific since I was 3, but since the bald guy left to work for the postal service, I really won't go to them for other than beginner advice.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks Jzhou
I am in no way blaming Pacific it was my responsibility to read the bag. When I read that on the bag I thought it meant I would have to start fertilizing after a year since it also said no fertilizer needed. Honestly I love the way it looks and in the last week or so my tank has taken off. Im not sure if its the co2 this stuff or if the plants have just adjusted to my tank. Im hoping I dont have to replace it next year but if I do then I will. Will it be fun no and I worry about killing the fish and plants but really theres nothing I can do about it now. Next time Ill go with your advice and go with eco complete.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: