FamilyReef

NOOB FISH GUY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my name is Alex nice to meet you all. I would love to up grade my tank but my wife and I just had twins. I have a 20 gallon tank right now and I would love to go bigger. I do not have alot of rock in the tank maby about 15 pounds.

I have some sps in there but the tank is not drilled. I have been in the reef hobby for about 5 months now and the only sps I have is orange digi.

My question is this. What is a good cheep thank to go to when I am ALLOWED lol to up grade. I was looking at a 40 breeder or a 40 long but I am no good with lighting at all. I bought this tank off of craigslist and paied 600$ (yeah I got ripped off) :(

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
40 breeders are great size.
Can light that with a 6 bulb T5 easily.

I would get a drilled one with a stand and sump. You could get everything in the marketplace for under $600 also.

Tank
Stand
Light
Skimmer

Best of luck and congrats

FamilyReef

NOOB FISH GUY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 40 and the lay out out. I love t5s I have seen tanks on this site that will blow your mind with t5s. I know I was ripped off. It saddens me to see how many members on this site have things for sale. You can def. have a tank up and fast. :)

secaucusboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You can easily recover by buying stuff from the MR Marketplace. Start slow by planning out what to do with the tank. Think about what you want in the tank and how you are going to place things like skimmer, macros, heaters, reactors etc...Don't go over kill with the skimmer and lighting. Research what fish is good for what coral. I went by impulse and I wasted a lot of dough.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The marketplace is the best bet, there are people who want to sell quick and cheap and then you have the vendors who offer discounts to MR members and always give good deals. They will work with you. There is ever a vendor who does layaway you pay as you go until you are all paid up.

FamilyReef

NOOB FISH GUY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for so much advice. I went to some lfs stores today and I have to say :O yeah alot of money for a tank, I know I know what do you expect (lol) but I am happy that this site has alot of people selling tanks and other stuff. Good idea who ever came up with that.

I am def going to take some time with this. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: