johnvic

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My snails have been eaten up and I have just a few crabs left from them fighting each other so it is time to replenish the crew.

I have a 34 gal. solana with just 2 fish, a sand sifting starfish and 3 peppermints ( who solved my aiptasia problem ). I have a few hermit crabs left and a snail or two. I've been having some cyano, hair algae and diatoms which have been increasing since my CUC has been reduced. I also have some bubble algae that I have been removing when I do WCs and 2 small patches of bryopsis.

How big of a CUC do I need?

Thanks!

johnvic

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am going to test my water tomorrow night. My guess is that if I have a phosphate issue it's from overfeeding. I use RO/DI filtered water and I use Rod's food. I did pick up some snails and crabs today, including an emerald crab.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I would buy a reactor and run phosband in the reactor that will clear up your issue and for sand i would buy a dimond goby I have one of them and the sand is clean and nice. Also check your rodi filter pads and you might need to replace them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: