dizzy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Valued Customer,

First, I would like to extend a Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you, your family, and employees. I know this comes somewhat bitter sweet as many of you have attempted recently to contact IceCap, Inc. with little to no success. For that I am truly sorry.

IceCap, Inc. has been around for about 20 years and many of you have been dedicated and loyal customers of IceCap, Inc. through the ups and downs over the years. Unfortunately, we finally hit a trough in our business cycle due to several factors that impaired this business to the point where we could not and can not recover. Therefore, by the direction of the IceCap, Inc. Board of Directors we have suspended operations.

What this means is we are aggressively and actively seeking opportunities to keep the IceCap brand viable in the markets and with the customers we have served over the past 20 years. In doing so, we expect to bring closure to this process within 60 days and plan to align the new management team, investors, and/or owners with our valued customers in hopes this continuation of business and the relationship with the IceCap brand will mitigate the effects of recent events.

In the interim, please direct all inquiries to [email protected]. Please allow 48 hours for a response depending on the e-mail volume. Thank you!

Again, my apologies for the situation.

Regards,
Chuck Troiani
IceCap, Inc.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...the Hobby is dying a slow death in my neck of the woods. There are really no brick and mortars to bring new blood into the hobby.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dizzy":2gwh0o96 said:
Dear Valued Customer,

First, I would like to extend a Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you, your family, and employees. I know this comes somewhat bitter sweet as many of you have attempted recently to contact IceCap, Inc. with little to no success. For that I am truly sorry.

IceCap, Inc. has been around for about 20 years and many of you have been dedicated and loyal customers of IceCap, Inc. through the ups and downs over the years. Unfortunately, we finally hit a trough in our business cycle due to several factors that impaired this business to the point where we could not and can not recover. Therefore, by the direction of the IceCap, Inc. Board of Directors we have suspended operations.

What this means is we are aggressively and actively seeking opportunities to keep the IceCap brand viable in the markets and with the customers we have served over the past 20 years. In doing so, we expect to bring closure to this process within 60 days and plan to align the new management team, investors, and/or owners with our valued customers in hopes this continuation of business and the relationship with the IceCap brand will mitigate the effects of recent events.

In the interim, please direct all inquiries to [email protected]. Please allow 48 hours for a response depending on the e-mail volume. Thank you!

Again, my apologies for the situation.

Regards,
Chuck Troiani
IceCap, Inc.

And the Super Lame Person award for 2010 is presented to Chuck at Icecap for the following post he has made on several blogs:

Dear Salt Water Aquarium Enthusiast,
IceCap, inc. is not out of business but has idled its operations to assess a path forward. There are those in the industry that would like to see the demise of IceCap, Inc. to profit from the absorption of IceCap’s customers and to provide me-to products they will have readily available. If IceCap fails, the Salt Water enthusiast with IceCap products will be hurt in the end as they will have to purchase a different brand of product and/or not get service.

To the benefit of the enthusiast, if IceCap fails I will disclose all product cost information about IceCap’s and similar products in the industry and the associated mark-ups. I will expose the suto-white knights that artificially showed interest to acquire IceCap only to turn their backs to wait for a demise to feed off the opportunity of desperate customers. I will gladly share this information to allow the enthusiast to leverage pricing and cost knowledge to assert pressure on retailers, distributors, and manufacturers to gain a better consumer pricing advantage for an expensive venture.

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snailman":f7bt02sq said:
Wow...the Hobby is dying a slow death in my neck of the woods. There are really no brick and mortars to bring new blood into the hobby.
From my perspective IC has been dyeing well before the turn of the economy by failing to trend toward new technology. I don’t recall but do they have a presence on the horticulture side?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: