Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I got this as a hitch hiker, at first I thought it was some sort of Chicken Liver Sponge. About a month ago while looking through a magnifying glass I noticed the polyps coming out of it. It's about 1/2" x 3/4" around, the polyps extend about 3/8" in the center and are about 1/16" around including tentacles of which are between 12 and 24 (I'm guessing as it's not easy to see it and they overlap one another making it almost impossible to count). The "head is dome shaped ,to a point in the center. The color in the pic is very accurate, brown with a blue fluorescence to it. The blue is most intense at the base of the tetacles. It is growing under two 96 watt pc's, one actinic, one 10k in a 30 gallon tank. Although hard to be sure, I think it has a skeleton, I can notice a faint edge of white coming through at the edge. Sorry for the quality of the pic, I had to hold the magnifying glass in front of the camera lense to get the pic. Of coarse I'm talking about the polyps on the right.
UnknownPolyps.jpg
Any takers?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: