simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i need an id on these two pics. I just had my tank crash from heat a few weeks ago, i found the first thing right after crash(1 week)and the snails today, the heat killed all of my turbos and stometella snails, then these popped up.

First pic: Wierd tick like thing with green back, no clue sorry for bad pic.

second: snails zoo safe?? i had a sundial a few months ago but these show no sign of a drill also these are brown/white and the sundial i caught was black/white. I am having some zoos die but i cant tell if it was heat related since all zoos are in pretty bad shape right now.

thanks
(not letting me upload into thread too large??)
Pic one

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/gallery/files/1/1/3/1/IMG_0029.JPG

Pic two

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/gallery/files/1/1/3/1/IMG_0034.JPG

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
If the snails carry their shells upright like this one, it's probably bad news for your zoanthids.

sundial_tb.jpg

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
dean, how else are these shaped snails gonna move. can you provide some more info, i know these are not sundial as they dont have the drill, unless it grows out as they mature.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
simike said:
dean, how else are these shaped snails gonna move. can you provide some more info

Let's visualize: say a sundial is moving on the sandbed, the point of the shell will be pointing towards one of the tank's sides. With an astrea snai, the point will be towards the top of the tank. There's a 90 degree angle difference.

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i know what you mean, but its a different shell shape hence different locomotion. you cant say that because it moves a particular way that it is bad, unless ALL snails that move like that are bad. Like i said i do not think it is a sundial,, if you can find a id page for snails( ive seen you post the link b4< cant find it) thanks
for every one else this is the sundial snail with the obvious drill

Attachments

• sundial_tail.jpg
    sundial_tail.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 200

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ok now i have a problem i looked at the tank after the lights were off and there were dozens and dozens of these snails around!!!! i dont know what to do, too many and too small to remove by hand. the were all over glass rock etc. no particular interest in corals.

Deep- what makes you think they are safe?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
simike said:
ok now i have a problem i looked at the tank after the lights were off and there were dozens and dozens of these snails around!!!! i dont know what to do, too many and too small to remove by hand. the were all over glass rock etc. no particular interest in corals.

Deep- what makes you think they are safe?
i onl have about 200000000 of them in my main tank :headache: :headache:

small little same looking snails ,:bunnies: likes bunnies and they come out at nite only ,during the day ,they are no where to be found

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
thanks all

they are about 1-3mm in size. I figured the heat killed all my snails, maybe they were still eggs when tank crashed, i just have never seen them before.

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
http://melevsreef.com/id/tbs/zoo_spider_pycnogonid_tb.jpg

think i foun a id on my first pic,, now i think i know where my zoos have been going. i thought that bc the crash some never really recovered, if the did the opened much smaller than normal, and the eventuall fell off. where did it come from?????? have to find it and remove. someone elso on this board must also have them as it is the only place i have purchased corals

Attachments

• zoo_spider_pycnogonid_tb.jpg
    zoo_spider_pycnogonid_tb.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 126

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: