• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well after much debating I've decided to start back up a tank, a neighbor of mine needed help setting up a 29 nano and that's when i realized how much i missed my tank, i bought a 57 gallon rimless tank,i got the tek 8 bulb t5s,built a conduit hanging kit for it built a new acrylic sump,i plan on using back my octopus needle wheel skimmer rated for 150 gallons and i'm planning on setting up the jbj ATO with a 15 gallon acrylic reserve because this time around i don't want to be topping up manually :tongueani
i'm debating right now which type of return pump to use i have the old ocean runner 3500 that i used to use but that plus the skimmer pump used to bump my temps up too much so I'm thinking maybe an external Poseidon or iwaki.
any advice will be greatly appreciated.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
sounds good. FF avatar as well?

As for the return pump.. try out the Marineland Utility pumps.. they're super quiet, reliable, and less expensive than Eheims.

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
hey welcome back.i missed you and was wondering what happened to you.been a long time brother.we need to catch up....only playing i dont remember you but welcome back anyhow.i like my internal pumps but try something different and see if u like it better

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Deff go external.... plan to make a manifold as well for optional equipment that you can plumb later on if need be. Pressure rated pumps... Blueline 55 HD or a Panworld NX.

wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey appreciate the advice except for the first guy, when i have a house of my own i will do amazing but for now that's it, the manifold is definitely in the making thank you guy's .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: