jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Try to plant the more light demanding plants on areas with more light on them.
Did you get the flourish comprehensive bottle Or you just have the NPK bottles? It might be some micronutrient deficiency that's why they have holes on the leaves.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Jeff
I bought Flourish Iron potassium and nitrogen. The guy at the lps said those were the 3 basics. Im also picking up a co2 system on monday. I must say that since I removed the plants that were dying and started using the flourish prod things seem to be much better. I can see growth in some of the plants that have been in there since the beginning and the new plants seem to be adjusting well. Im not dosing every other day as suggested Im doing twice a week mon and thur. Im still dosing excell but will stop monday. Im also going to have the co2 on a timer so it only runs while the lights are on. The only thing is I have these little really hard green spots on the glass? How do I get rid of them? Im going to buy one of those magnetic glass cleaners but Im not sure that will remove them since I had to scrap a few off with my finger nail and even then it wasnt easy

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hi Jeff
I bought Flourish Iron potassium and nitrogen. The guy at the lps said those were the 3 basics...

He definitely forgot to mention the micronutrients plants need as part of the basics. Getting the microcomponent part will help avoid having those tiny holes as they are most likely a micro deficiency.

The scraper with blade definitely works. I have one though I don't use it anymore as I got one of those magfloats in tank.
The green spot will eventually go away once you get the good balance between your fert dosing, CO2 and light. Play around with your fert dosing and light duration to achieve a good balance for now.

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Not sure, why I stopped getting emails for this. But the holes can be caused by a number of things. This could be from the previously mention lack of nutrients, but snails, and bacterial infection can also cause that in plants, I like the scrapers mad by kent, the set i got from 9 years ago is still working great.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Jeff and Jzhou
Ill pick up a mag scrapper I think the blade may not work with a bowfront. Jz I did have apple snails in there for awhile and removed them since then no holes so not sure if they did it or if things have just leveled off. Tomorrow is co2 time!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: