Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just noticed some drip marks at the front of my tank... I don't see any evidence of water coming from the top of the tank or any leaks on the side. I'm not sure where it's coming from or how to find out where it's coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a photo of the front right corner of the tank:

_962463.jpeg

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I would say that yes you may have a small leak... frameless tanks need to be placed onto a soft item (styrofoam or any padding) to reduce vibrations that may occur between equipment or through the home.
The lack of doing so will add vibration through the glass and will start to separate the joints.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I've emptied the water into a rubbermaid bin. There is about 2 inches left in the tank still, but that should atleast buy me some time. Any suggestions on how to identify where the leak is? It seems like it's going to be a bit tricky since it appears to be on the underside of the tank.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
its hard to tell from the picture, but there isn't any salt creep on the base of the tank (or so it appears). it might be a leaky bulkhead and the water is just moving under the tank and exiting at the front of the stand.

before you go resealing the tank it might be worth it to try and trace the saltcreep back to its source.

also, the styrofoam is really a good idea...

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
It could have been from you taking your hands out of the tank and the salt water running down the glass and leaving the salt residue. But since you already emptied the tank. I would put some foam padding on the bottom and just reseal the bottom panel to be on the safe side.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: