malkz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hello everyone, i've had a 55 gallon fish only tank for about 4 years now, most of the fish are the age of the tank, the problem is my father asked me to set up a small 29 gallon tank for him with live rock and a few fish, after about 3 weeks he decided to take down, put his fish in my tank and the worst part he left all the live rock and live sand from his tank siiting in a bucket outside for 4 hours on a 20 degree day, the whole time i was at work, when i got home he had put the live rock and sand in my tank as well, after about 3 days all my fish are dying one at a time from what it looks to be velvet or really bad ich, i've try water changes, changed all media on both canister filters and even tried a lil sea cure copper, sorry for the long story but is there anything else i can do to try to help my remaining fish?? thank u all, Malcolm

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Malcom, I am so sorry to read this! You must be devastated.:(

I would remove the fish, put them in your father's now empty tank with water from the main tank a hang on back filter, and treat them with the proper medication at the recommended dose for the recommended length of time.

Malcom, before you can treat your fish you must determine exactly what is wrong with them. Wether it be ich, fungus etc.....
You could do more harm then good by treating with the wrong meds.

I would also send Marrone our resident fish doctor a PM!!!!!!!!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Should have been a bit more clear on the hospital tank.

tank
hof
heater
thermometer
power head or air pump w/air stone
some pieces of pvc
ammonia test kit, and plenty of water for w/changes

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: