Oneilwiz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a BRS 75 GPD unit with a Aquatic Booster pump, filters are ok for the filter but i am having PSI issues.I live in the bronx in a family house third floor, sometimes I get PSI above 60 but I notice more often it drops

my question are

what can I do in maintaining a constant PSI above 60?

How can I increase water production?

NB: I have adjusted the screw on the top of the aquatic booster pump already, as of now my PSI is at 45

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a BRS 75 GPD unit with a Aquatic Booster pump, filters are ok for the filter but i am having PSI issues.I live in the bronx in a family house third floor, sometimes I get PSI above 60 but I notice more often it drops

my question are

what can I do in maintaining a constant PSI above 60?

How can I increase water production?

NB: I have adjusted the screw on the top of the aquatic booster pump already, as of now my PSI is at 45

Strange, are your prefilters good? I have a 75 gallon per day unit with a booster pump and I get a little over 100 PSI steady. It will start to decline once my prefilters get dirty. I used to live in a six family building in Queens and my pressure was about 90 steady, the filters have to be clogged.

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could it be the water pressure is dropping bc someone else in the building is using it and its affecting you? sounds dumb i know but when i do laundry in my house the pressure would drop as well so i never make water while washing cloths.. i havent noticed if it still does it since i put the booster pump but next time i wash cloths ill kick it on and see what happens.. 15psi is really low.. i would imagine any other sink on would lower the pressure.. have you looked into a pressure tank? or a bladder tank? like a tank to hold the tap water before it goes thru your rodi unit to help control pressure spikes or drops and keep it consistent.. dont know how big of a unit youll need but i know they have them for houses that get there water from wells i believe..

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read they have em for smaller applications 3.5 gallons -7 gallon tanks google "pressure tanks for rodi unit" i found a thread that uses one but how they recommend to use it is not what i had in mind. they had it after the membrane before the di stage i believe.. doesnt seem like thats what would help in your case.. i would think running it before the booster pump or maybe after somehow.. hopefully someone will chime in on the matter that is more knowledgable

Oneilwiz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry I never updated:

I changed the second filter which is the carbon filter, PSI returned to normal, I bought the BRS 150 upgrade kit now my water production is extremely fast while wasting less water.:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: