A

Anonymous

hello

saturday night, i was approaching my reef tank with a flash light to take a look at what's "crawling in there" when i discovered my mandarin on the floor !
may be the little guy had been there for a while because he was coatted with some kind of mucus and was not moving any more.
took it in my hand and floated the little guy till i saw him breathing again ... stayed like this for an other two or three minutes and i decided to realese it.
today the mandarin is doing just fine, looking for food all over the rocks and showing all off the signs of a healthy fish, but i am still amazed he jumped out.

ever happened to you?

i had couple of fish behave like this over the years, but never heard of a mandarin do so.

yesterday, sunday, i discovered some snails must have had some fun in there as i have hundreds of little black snails larvaes covering the sand, the tank and live rocks. this reef system is only 8 months old !

also, it's about to be fullmoon ... do you see any possible relation between the snails releasing and the mandarin jumping out ?

thx,

Toine

ps: mandarin have been in the tank for over 5 months and is a fat little guy.

A

Anonymous

Well, it's more likely than not that he jumped out on his own, unless you have a rare Mandarin-tossing Tridacnid..;)

Boy is HE one lucky little fish, eh? Yeah, I've seen so many fish jump, though it is indeed quite unusual for the Mandarin.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: