A

Anonymous

Hee! Bet you folks never thought you'd see me asking a question here, eh? Well, I have one. I have a need to test both my source water and what is called "run-off" (water as passed through soil after watering plants). To that end I decided to go with an inexpensive freshwater testing product that was NOT purchased at Petco (Lowe's). I have myself the Jungle QuickTest strips.

I need to know if anyone knows accuracy levels for Jungle, as it's a brand I have never used. If it's anything close to accurate, then I have the screwiest source water I have ever worked with, comprised of.. well, let my pictures tell the story. Unfiltered results, then filtered results.

unfiltered-1208-1.jpg

filtered-1208-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Marina...I hate to tell you but your lawn is preggers. That test kit is more complex than the EPT :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Aw...! Tracy! :lol: I think I need to resize a pic, huh?

A

Anonymous

Generally , they are pretty mediocre in my experience. Same with any dry reagent based strip they are subject to all kinds of environmental and age factors reducing their accuracy.

For a good, inexpensive kit the tetra Laborett is my choice but it uses liquid reagents however the testing scheme is really easy to follow (big bottle = 14 drops, small bottle 7 unless its titration then one drop till color change, count drops!).

A

Anonymous

Do you think it would be good also for testing run-off samples (from potted plants)? Would some soil and brownish coloration from it make it too difficult to read? My main issues are alkalinity, general hardness, and pH.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: