pipebender

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently bought a leather from a friend of mine (not sure on type) looked fine in his tank.
now that i put in mine it has expanded to normal size but little tentacles dont come out.
is this normal after moving them its been 4 days now and they only popping out in odd places and very small.
it looks healthy enough.
also how much light do they require.

best description i can give is: 14in across looks a bit like a cabbage leaf with tentacles on when out properly.

also various small mushrooms, elephants ear and sun coral all doing fine.

[)R@G()N

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look glossy? If so it's going through a waxing stage. Most leathers do this where they build up a waxy looking coat then they shed it off. Leather don't need strong lighting. What kind off light was it under before you got it, plus what kind of light do you have?

pipebender

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my friend had it under 2 twin T5 3ft and a blue actinic.
i now bought Mh 250w with 20000k lamp.
sms a lot better today all tentacles cam out but not fully.
will see how well it does tomorrow and let you know.

what sort of timscale should i have lights on for?

Got Mh on for 10 hrs white marine tube on for 11 hrs and blue actinic 12 hours fading brightness in and out over timescale..

should i put more actinics in?

Thanks in advance
.....Dave........

[)R@G()N

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pipebender":1depxske said:
what sort of timscale should i have lights on for?

Got Mh on for 10 hrs white marine tube on for 11 hrs and blue actinic 12 hours fading brightness in and out over timescale..

should i put more actinics in?

If you're using a 20k MH you won't need actinics unless you just like the bluer look. I have my MH's on for 8hrs and the others on of 10.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: