Atsoi88

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hi Guys-

I've been trying so hard to keep chalices under my LED's, but for some reason they keep receding and I end up giving it away to my friends that have T5's.

If you currently have LED, let me know how you are able to keep the color and growth of Chalices.

Thanks

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I don't have any issues from growing chalices under led... I don't give them direct lighting and they do really well. They are under radions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reefs

Atsoi88

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
20130421_194718.jpg
i have the maxspect razor 120w 16k.

Photo period:

11:30 am 0%:0%
12:30 pm 19%:0 %
2:30 pm 35%:0%
4:30 pm 40%:30%
7:00 pm 0% : 40%
10:30 pm 0% : 0%

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
chalices can be funny, are they in the sand ? whats your param ? ive seen quick die off also,. did you dip the chalice ? did you notice that after adding any new coral the die off started ?

Atsoi88

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
1440 mg
450 cal
8.4 dkh

I dont dip chalices, just temp acclimate for 30 mins then I put them in. The chalice stwrys to reced instantly, I tried dripping to, still same problem. I keep them on the sand bed .I sort of gave up on chalices.

fishless

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Razor 120w. I only have two chalices, but they seem happy. One is growing nicely, and makes some crazy sweeper tentacles at night. The other is newish, but seems fine. My photoperiod is more intense than yours, though. Could it be that? I also have a good moderate amount of flow on them.

I dip EVERYTHING, and if something looks funny, I dip it again. My personal problem coral is my bubble corals. They just hate me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: