Rating - 100%
30   0   0
so i have a strip of 10 LED lights to supplement my 70 watt K2 viper light... is it ok to leave the LED's on all night as opposed to running them with the timer that my main light is on? I like the color the LED's give by themselves :)

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I also like the look that the LED supplements lighting gives off. But, I've noticed that going totally dark the coral's night feeding tentacles extend more. For this reason, I only leave the LED lights on for two hours after my main lighting goes out.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Not sure the wattage, yes Janine you are completely correct that I just use them for the color. The bulb that I have in my main light right now really really drowns out the color of everything. However, I don't have the money to replace that right now, so this is my solution to the problem for the time being. It seems that when I leave just the LED lights on at night the corals arent really "going to sleep" so I think that's the answer to my question right there... Let me know :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: