Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48" Current USA Outer Orbit 2x150W 10,000K HQI-MH W/ 4x54W T5 HO, the fixture is a few years old, one of the halides comes on and then shuts off after a little while. When it shuts off the bulb will stay blinking until the fixture is shut off. Its not the ballast because if it were then the light wouldnt come on at all. No store has been able to fix it. is there anyone thats good with fixing light fixtures? any advice would be helpful. thanks

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
How have you actually confirmed that it isn't the ballast? Just because it fires doen't mean it's good. It could be in the circuitry of the ballast and once current flows for a few it shorts. I would think the opposite way that you are. Try switching ballasts with the same bulb and put that ballast on the bulb that doesn't give you an issue and see if the other bulb does what that one is now. If the other bulb does the same thing then it's the ballast for sure. I had an IceCap ballast that did that- it would fire then the light would go out. It was the ballast.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: