Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

I currently own the Deep Blue Solar Extreme T5 H.O. Quad Light System. It's been running perfect for the 1.5 years that I have owned the system. Even for the past 6 months after I made a bulb replacement. Everything has been smooth and very effective.

Until last week - The lighting system was simply turned off, despite still being plugged in. I investigated the power cord and hit the reset button. This brought back the screen where I could set the timer. I happily assumed that the unit protected itself from a surge and the reset button allowed me to resume the use as normal.

Unfortunately I noticed something else was wrong. The timer was going very fast. In a normal 24 hour period the time would move up to 40 hours. Effectively reducing the light the corals are getting - not great.

Just 30 minutes ago I watched the unit simply shut itself off again! I tried the reset trick and that won't even work. The unit appears to be officially dead.

I'm very concerned - If I can't get a light source soon my lifestock will be at risk.

What advice can you give me please!

Regards,

Roy

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I would buy a light used off here just in case the manufacturer takes a long time to rectify the situation. Or maybe someone can lend you a back up fixture.
I can't imagine it being addressed and resolved with a few days.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: