StatenAlan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a 250w MH and 4 t5 bulb fixture on a a 30g rimless, i know it is kind of overkill but i am going to ceiling hang it asap. I just need some advice on the set-up of the t5s. I am going to be ordering from drfosterandsmith, unless there are other recommendations for a lighting source.

So my question would be, what mix of t5s should i have? its 2 t5s on one side and 2 on the other with (what i plan on getting is a 14k phoenix hqi) I am using the stock bulbs and this is my first replacement on bulbs ever. I like a more blue look but have coral growth in mind as well, which is why i am going with the 14k instead of a 20k because supposedly 14k is better for growth than a 20k.

If you can supply any sort of picture with what bulbs would give that type of lighting it would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on keeping SPS, clams, and more LPS, i only have a duncan coral and an acan for about 5 months, my bubble coral died off about 2 months back from something that i know is my fault. I havent added anything because i was at school and didnt have my tank, next semester i am moving my tank up to school with me in my new apartment so i am excited about stocking it up for the summer :bagfish:

Also noted that i dont plan on posting and having people do my hw for me, i just want supplemental information from the Mreefers that know best.

Thanks!

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
2 ATI Blue+ and 2 pure actinic. Here is roughly 40 days worth of growth under 2 250w Phoenix 14Ks. Actinic supplementation is with a 48" Reef Brite.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338291915.697158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338291928.655345.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: