toptank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you know I lost all my SPS to RTN and going to re-stock in a few weeks when I get some more lights but was wondering how many of you successful SPS keepers also have LPS in your tank.

I have 2 small leathers, should I remove them before stocking SPS? I have heard that leathers and SPS don't mix well?

Barry

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have LPS, but thats it. Not much help am i......

Ill just go now...
icon_biggrin.gif

sawcjack00

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a torch, frogspawn, and Candy cane in with my SPS, and they have no problems. Those are the LPS I will have though as it is primarily and SPS setup.

pathos

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep SPS, LPS and leathers and other softies together in my 65. I have not noticed any ill effects except I wonder if the alleopathy of the leather is stunting the growth of my SPS. I may remove it for a few weeks to see if I notice any differences. I will post the results if I learn anything extraordinary.

toptank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smcnulty, Not lack of light with 3 x 400watters and 2x 140 watt VHOs.

Some people seem to do well with LPS and SPS and others do not. I guess you just have the get the correct balance and ofcourse water quality.

I think this time I am going to try nothing but SPSs and see if I have better luck.

Barry

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: toptank ]</p>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: