jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
what is the best way to lower magnesium my corals seem to be affected by it at the same time im getting dinos all over the tank parameters
alk 8.1
cal 474
mag 1500
phosphates 0.12 ( working on lowering it)
salinity 1.025

BD_Reefing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don’t think your mag is that high at all, maybe try to lower your phosphate and increase your Alk, to see if the mag levels out a bit more.

Last edited:

BD_Reefing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Are your corals having a negative reaction as of late?... I would start by checking your RODI water and making sure your TDS reading is 000

CMD_2020

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
14   1   1
I was told esv but do not add the magnesium but still not sure still have the dinos problem 2

I had the same issue for the first few months when i did a facelift and went mostly sps. At first my mag was real low, so I started dosing mag. Then after a few months the mag stayed 1500+ and for the most part it stays around there. I stopped dosing mag ofcourse. I use fritz rpm and some esv. They say if u dose esv equally the mag should stay high naturally. I run 8.4 all and phosphates at .03.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: