caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hi gang, need some advice.. My top off system pump screwed up and was not working for a few days. After I got it restarted, I didn't realize the Kali from stirrer would overload the tank.. Whited out lots of my corals and killed my anthias's.

Need some help/opinions. I did two major water changes which seems to relieved the stress on the fish. Moved whatever drags and corals I ha left to my small qt tank.

What should do next? Will the bacteria be ok? Will whited out corals survive or should throw out.. I am so bummed out it's not even funny.

Thxs

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
happened to me but my top off stuck and dumped 5g into system and crashed whole tank i lost everything but 4 fish and my zoa's, all chalices, sps ect died off, where is your ph at now ? and cal and alk ? make sure those are right before you go to put back into tank, can also dose a little vinegar to bring ph down

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The water changes were good, personally I wouldn't do anything but water changes, the PH and Alk will drop over time. By catching the fish and moving things around you are only stressing everything else. The shock of the high PH/ALK is what made the corals stress and killed some of the fish. Your bacteria should be fine

HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: