Rating - 100%
90   0   0
So I got up this morning, did what a man has to do after he wakes up, and slowly approached my tank to dose Bionic Two part alkalinity and calcium supplement. "No, not again" I said to myself seeing that I'm almost out of both parts. Dosing b-ionic is starting to be expensive, so I thought if there is a good recipe to make your own two-part system that has IDENTICAL proportions as b-ionic has. Dosing esv two-part is very easy because I don't have to test my water after each dose, only weekly to check if everything is as it should be. I am using dry ferts for my planted tank and they are very cost-effective comparing to over-the-counter solutions, so I thought I can do the same for the reef tank . For example, BRS has two part 2 gallon kit http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...on/two-part-calcium-and-alkalinity-kit-1.html but I would like it to be as effective and trouble free as ESV. What do you think? Has anyone switched to DIY?
I have a relatively small tank (57G +15G sump) so calcium reactor would be overkill. Pleas write your opinions and experience on this topic, thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: