mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I have my Mandarin Goby eating blood worms. He is really eating them up.

How often should i feed him the blood worms? I see him picking at the rocks so I assume i have a good copepod population.

Any thoughts would help.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
how long has your tank been running? That is good that he is picking them up off the rocks. That may mean that you don't have enough copepods.

Affordable Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I trained my Mandarin to eat frozen food. You must have a small tank to train a mandarin, and be able to drop the food right in front of the fish. I used a turkey baster and fed blood worms, black worms, small mysis and live brine shrimp. He pretty much ate all of it, but it had to directly infront of him to notice and the food had to be moving in the water. Once the food settled down on the rocks it was ignored. It was the coolest thing to see this tiny fish sucking down a blood worm like a giant spaghetti. Even after the fish is accustomed to frozen food, if it isnt directly in front of it, they wont see it, and wont ever find it.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My first one was a large male mandarin and he ate mysis right from the start. I couldnt believe my luck when I saw it.
After that I figured I could try a smaller female figuring she would learn from him. Im not sure at this point if she is eating them but they both have great round stomachs after a few months of getting them.
They still move all over the tank and I havent noticed any pods like I used to, so they are still decimating my pod population.

Its fascinating watch them spawn, they do this on a frequent basis right after the lights go out. Releasing a clutch of eggs.

mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine goes searching and will eat blood worms wherever they are. I don't need to shoot it right in front of him. He is really good with eating. But how often do you think I should feed him blood worms. Once a day or once every other day

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: