rocknreef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, Does anyone have any experience with this skimmer.
I saw it in action in the shop, & was informed it was a good skimmer for it's size & price. Well not the price in the shop of course.

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
If you are talking about the marineland seaclone 100 then save your money and Keep your eyes open on the for sale forums for something better. As far as the 100 pro in sump skimmer I can't say.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If this is the one you are talking about...
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+20024+18985&pcatid=18985

I won it as part of a tank package and decided to see what it does..and I can say I am rasther impressed with it for what it is. I'm running it on a 45g tank and it is doing a very good job. I have a few pics of the skimmate that I will post tomorrow.

If you are talking about the marineland seaclone 100 then save your money and Keep your eyes open on the for sale forums for something better.

Agreed that if it is the Seaclone - get a different skimmer.

What size is your tank?

rocknreef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, no it's not the crappy seaclone, I learned about that one a few years back. I am talking about the "in sump 100" I saw it working in the shop & looked like it does a great job I just was wondering if there was someone w/ experience in using the skimmer at home. Thanks Again, Tom

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
IMG_8559.jpg

Yep, it works :)

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Kathy, how long did it take you to break in the skimmer? This is my second day of running it and the skimmate is clear along with clear bubbles inside the skimmer. I know my tank can't be that clean lol. Just wanted to know how long it would take to start making some tea. Thanks in advance :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Kathy, how long did it take you to break in the skimmer? This is my second day of running it and the skimmate is clear along with clear bubbles inside the skimmer. I know my tank can't be that clean lol. Just wanted to know how long it would take to start making some tea. Thanks in advance :)

lol, give it a few more days. Mine had been running for a few days at Macna before I used it, and it took a few days for me to start pulling with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: