jusreefin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what is listed above

Mandarian
Filemented flasher Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse. Will be getting a Carpenters Flasher and copperbanded on Monday!

I have a Percula and Purple Tang in my frag tank that I have not decided what to do with yet. The clown will most likely stay in the frag tank and the Tang may go back to John's but I am a little attached to him. I have had him a little less then a year but he has doubled in size at least.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":3prnbvkl said:
jusreefin":3prnbvkl said:
So far the flashers rules the roost. I have never seen a flasher that is so how do I say not shy? He comes right up to the tank when I go by. When I put the coris in the flasher went right up introduced himself and let him know who the boss was :)

Yeah. That's my experience too. Gresham, haven't you kept tanks of H. chrysus (I hate saying 'yellow coris') and flashers together before? Seem to recall seeing some. IME H. chrysus is completely peaceful even with passive fish.

I sure have, but, when the H. chrysus gets to be an adult, I've seen them become fairly mean, especially to other wrasses.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":3r515jnp said:
Matt_Wandell":3r515jnp said:
jusreefin":3r515jnp said:
So far the flashers rules the roost. I have never seen a flasher that is so how do I say not shy? He comes right up to the tank when I go by. When I put the coris in the flasher went right up introduced himself and let him know who the boss was :)

Yeah. That's my experience too. Gresham, haven't you kept tanks of H. chrysus (I hate saying 'yellow coris') and flashers together before? Seem to recall seeing some. IME H. chrysus is completely peaceful even with passive fish.

I sure have, but, when the H. chrysus gets to be an adult, I've seen them become fairly mean, especially to other wrasses.

Really? That is totally not my experience so far.

I've kept a full grown H. chrysus and H. iridis with flashers and small fairies (and a possum and one of those Pseudochelinops aka 'pink eye sixlines' as well) with absolutely no aggression. I've seen full grown fairies bullying full grown H. chrysus that are similar in size.

Chalk it up to individual personality I guess. :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jusreefin":4h60hgs5 said:
jusreefin":4h60hgs5 said:
Matt_Wandell":4h60hgs5 said:
Get more flashers!!! Seriously, they are way more interesting and will do better in groups. Especially if you plan on adding a candy hog. I can't promise you anything with that guy. Some are mean, some are little angels.

The CBB shouldn't pose any threat whatsoever.

I will be adding a Carpenters Flasher as well. Can I add multiple Carpenters and Filimented flashers? Are there any other Flasher wrasse? I also added a yellow coris to help with pest

I think you missed this one Matt ;)

No I didn't! :P

Except for P. octotaenia, pretty much all the flashers will do okay together. They hybridize at the drop of a hat, and show very little aggression towards each other.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jusreefin":3sc6k9pb said:
Well so far so good. I recently added another awesome wrasse. It is a P. lineopunctatus. They all seem to get along really well. The latest one added is the largest so far. I am HOOKED on Wrasses!!!

Great article here on the flashers

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-08/ht/index.php

Yes it is! Hiroyuki is the man!

One of these days I have to figure out a way to somehow shake John McCosker's hand. He does something "upstairs" at the aquarium. Director of something or other. :lol:

jusreefin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is like the Bermuda Triangle for fish. The Filimented Flasher has dissapeared. On a side note I did find my old Yashi goby in my sump. Been there for about 6 months now still alive and well!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: