A

Anonymous

I opened 3 new Maxi Jets today. 1-900 and 2-600s. When I put them in the water the 900 worked instantly but neither of the 600's will pump any water. They are "running" but just won't pump. Its like they are worn out. I fiddled with impeller etc. to see if it was installed correctly and all seemed well. Is there something I need to do differently. They're brand new and it's weird that neither will work.

Any Ideas?

A

Anonymous

When you put them in the water turn them upside down to get the air out. They can get air locked when you first put them in the tank.

A

Anonymous

Tried that. Didn't seem to help. Maybe for longer? It just doesn't seem to be the problem.

A

Anonymous

Found my probem it is in the impeller.

There are three basic pieces the shaft, the magnet and the impeller. The impeller has tow teeth that hit two teeth on the plastic part of the magnet. This drives the impeller.

The Magnet has a plastic part that serves as both a bearing along the shaft (inside of magnet) and on both ends (the impeller side has the two teeth). Where the plastic part on the impeller side meets the "bearing" part it is sheared off on both 600's. It basically lets the magnet spin but the impeller just sits there.

This wouldn't be a real easy thing to break. I can't see how this would break on a new unit. I know it didn't happen in shipping or when I started it. I'm gonna try to super glue it and if that doesn't work I'll get new ones. It should work though.

Thanks anyways
smile.gif

Matt Fisher

A

Anonymous

I broke a Maxi-Jet that way by putting a piece of tubing inside the output and it jammed the impeller and broke it just like that.
frown.gif

A

Anonymous

Did you glue it? It looks like super glue would work as long as it does not glue the magnet to the shaft.

A

Anonymous

I did not try to fix it, I just got a new impeller. If these are new I would not fix them either, I would take tham back.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: