Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Ok so soon I will de doing a transfer to my 100 gallon rimless tank. But I have a clam that has been on a rock ever since I got him. With my new set up I want to get a few more clams but want them all on the sand bed. My ? Is how do I go about taking him off the rock with out hurting his foot.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
@ mike ... I can do that but really wNt them all on the sand bed
@ dubs... Not a chance bro it's in the center of a really nice show piece rock.
@rbtwo4... If it's on the sand bed I don't think there will be any thing for it to attch it's foot only sand
@ skene .. Now that's funny...
@Longislandandy...hmmm sounds like cutting it will hurt the clam.. Isn't the thing that holds the calm down is the foot.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
44c4ce06-452d-be1c.jpg

The rock to big
Kenconnect

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
na thats a maxima clam take a very sharp razor and chop the foot off :) just dont pull it off the rock you will kill it! and then put in on a disk and it will take a few days to attach to the disk :)

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
clam

Hey keen cutting is a bit risky if you never done a good razor blade and cut it as close as to the rock! now i what i i don't like that as the tank ages pest grow in your tank and having a clam not attached to a piece of rock they vunerable to be eaten use some to attached it !!good luck!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: