rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
i Checked the propogation articles, couldnt find anything about leathers. However I ran across an article about elegances, and I thihnk I can keep mine now and it will survive.
Any help possible, like a link would help. Sorry I couldnt find it, I look at all of the links/articles in the thread and didt see anything about leathers/removing them form live rock.

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you don't mind one growing back in the same location, cut it at the base, then sew it to a rock in it's new location using fishing line. It is better to cut a leather out of the tank. If you do it out of the tank, you could scrub of any remnants of the original base.

What kind of Leather is it?

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
u can chip it off with a knife &/or these
dissekt-rite_coral_fragging_shears.jpg

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes take a pair of sharp sciccors or an exacto with a new blade and cut the base, be sure tto clean whatever you use with alchohl first as new blades have a thin coat of oil on them to prevent rust. Leathers can slime a lot when cut, so it's better to do it outside the tank if possible,but not absolutely necessary. The piece left on the rock most likely will grow a new coral.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: