ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Started this tank about 6 or 7 months ago. i can't say enough how humbled i am becoming the more i learn and figure out the do and do not , should have or shouldn't parts of the hobby. Hope i can get some help and advise from everyone and more input to further my knowledge. thanks All !! I will be adding more pics soon.

Tank specs
90 gallon oceanic tech
30 gallon custom sump
Bermuda bps-3 skimmer with mag7
80-90 pounds live rock (i think)
60 pounds sand

nitrates- 0
alk- 9-11 dkh
calcium 420 ppm
phos- 0 ppm

FTS before new aquascape
DSC01701.jpg

FTS after re aquascaping
DSC01721.jpg

Last edited:

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
thanks guys. Reefer bob , thanks on the skimmer feedback. If i wanted to upgrade on the pump , would an ehiem 1262 work ? pricey , but i would want less noise and heat from the pump. i am also thinking of upgrading my sump. right now it's pretty cramped since its a custom sump. the dimensions are 29 3/4 x 13 3/4 x 16.

DSC01707.jpg

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
i really can't stand my rock work skills. i feel i am lacking enough shelving or something. Hit me with the comments and criticism , lol. think i need it. i think i am going to go at the rock work again soon. might have to try and find at least one or two more shelves. here is another shot.
DSC01719.jpg

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You call that sump cramped? Pffft... you ain't seen cramped until you've put an ASM G3, 2 reactors, 2 filter socks, 2 feed pumps, a return pump, and an ATO into a 20g (with a hang on fan)! lol

Aside from that the tank is looking good. Don't worry too much about the rock work. Once it fills in with corals you won't be able to see the rock anyway!

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
haha , with time we shall see. i your right about the sump , i have seen some nice tanks with limited space. feel like i went armature on the plumbing and wish i had a done a skimmer / return / refuge on my sump. anyone with a tech tank or any suggestions on plumbing for this tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: