RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Dont mess with it, if its too big it will probably split it out.
If your gonna feed silver sides try to remove bone, dont feed the head or tail. Both the tail and head are more bony.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You don't have to feed it at all. It will catch food when you feed and with proper lighting it will get huge in no time. Looks really nice!!

Rating - 100%
180   0   0
Meh, I'm not sure I agree with that. ^^

But I do agree about the bony silversides. Cut off the head and tail, it also helps to kill the flow especially if the nem is in a spot where its getting blasted. This will leave it more peaceful to munch. And as for 30 mins before lights out, I feed mine around mid day when its totally peaked up (when my schedule provides, usually on the weekends) or at least 2hrs before lights out. This ensures that it has enough time suck it all in. And if its small enough, between its main feedings I'll squirt left over mysis if I have any at it and mine loves it.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've never fed an anemone in any tank that I have ever had. The last one I had was a green bubble tip and it was no larger than a half dollar when I put it in the tank. After 8 months, never feeding it once, it was almost a foot across!!! If you feed your fish on a daily basis the anemone will catch food in the water column. So agree to disagree.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Beautiful nem & pix!! Were the pix taken under blue lights?
I have fed my nems silversides in the past with no ill effects! The current rbtas I have now I feed by squirting the same foods I feed the fish, and they seem to be doing fine. IMO both methods work...

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
All lights were on for this shot. I ran the actinics from rapid leds and that cause more POP in.both green and purple. I feed it the same just that I happen to have had some ss left

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agreed, if you are feeding your tank your anemone will eat every time you feed. There is no reason to feed an anemone directly unless you don't have any fish in your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: