• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
I will be starting my nano soon, reached an agreement with Charlie1225 for his Zeroedge 22zr so I can't wait, I'm so excited. Does anyone have recommendations for stocking as far as fish which are safe in these type of tanks is concerned. I'm thinking making it a dedicated annenome and clowns or no fish and just a reef with maybe one or two tiny fishes.
Thanks again Charlie1225!!!

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I will be starting my nano soon, reached an agreement with Charlie1225 for his Zeroedge 22zr so I can't wait, I'm so excited. Does anyone have recommendations for stocking as far as fish which are safe in these type of tanks is concerned. I'm thinking making it a dedicated annenome and clowns or no fish and just a reef with maybe one or two tiny fishes.
Thanks again Charlie1225!!!

I say go with that and throw a goby/pistol combo in there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deff no wrasses, jawfish, hawkfish, or anthias as they will probably jump. I like the pistol shrimp/goby idea too, if you are gonna put clowns with an anemone I would deff recommend that the anemone should be a mini-maxi carpet. Mini-maxi anemones typically find a spot they like; then stay there. Many others may move around the tank constantly, staying in one spot for a few days then moving around again; this is dangerous for multiple reasons.

1. The anemone may touch corals, and kill them since their nematocysts (stinging cells) are much more powerful than most corals.

2. The anemone does not know when it's about to be sucked into a powerhead. If it is diced courtesy of a powerhead, you will have a big big mess on your hands.

3. It really sucks when it's in a great spot, and you really think it's gonna stay there and it ends up moving!!! Haha that part is just annoying

Seriously, clowns will host in anything. I got rid of a huge, beautiful Rose Bubble tip that was in my 37 reef (because of the reasons I listed above) and replaced it with a long tentacle plate coral. Clowns love them, and it looks so great!!

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
lol. Weren't you just selling your one tank? Looking to replace it already??

Yea I was I actuallly told. Charlie if I sold my jbj before he sold his tank that I would take it but that didn't happen but its all good maybe for the best and now I can focus on settin up the 120 instead

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314501688.894450.jpg
Sorry, tried to include this in the last post but had an error adding it

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yea I was I actuallly told. Charlie if I sold my jbj before he sold his tank that I would take it but that didn't happen but its all good maybe for the best and now I can focus on settin up the 120 instead

Nice! Let me know if you need any help with anything. I'm going to be working on my modest 50g upgrade too. Got A LOT of stuff to get for it. All I have so far is the tank, stand, sump and a glass holes 700gph overflow. Looooong way to go.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
nano tank

Thanks jr973, yeah I fell in love with the one at Ocean Gallery and could not resist, lol.

Yes, howze01 I have system up for sale, looking to down grade but couldn't pass up on this ZeroEdge.
Hopefully someone will jump on that 72 bowfront, it's in great shape and priced to sell.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Trainwreck, second vote for goby/pistol shrimp. I also like the idea of a long tentacle plate w/clowns.

Np, it deff doesn't have to be the long tentacle plate but I loveee the one I have with purple tips and neon green base...it can really be anything that feels like a pillow to the clowns but the long tentacle plates really don't retract at all when the clowns dive in, unlike things like Duncan, goniopora,etc. It's a problem if they do retract rapidly, since it's going to defeat the purpose of the clown hosting in it, and the coral is going to slowly decrease in overall health,

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Zero Edge

Tank was dropped off yesterday nite by Charlie1225, wanted to thank him. Its a beautiful setup, acrylic stand, sump and the top. I'm gonna take my time with the planning and setting up of this system.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: