jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel really lucky! I recently upgraded from a 115 gallon system to a 180, and in the process added 100 pounds of LR from Paragon. It seems that I have a really cool hitchhiker--a nudibranch, Dendrodoris nigra. Here's a pic of him in my tank:
http://home.swbell.net/jdeets/index.html

Here's a link to some info about this species:
http://www.seaslugforum.net/dendnigr.htm

It seems they eat sponge material. All I can hope is that the scypha sponges in my tank grow and proliferate faster than he can eat them!

Anyway, I thought I was really lucky to get a nudi on my LR as a hitchhiker--especially one that seems to be able to find food in my tank--and thought I'd share it with the board.
icon_biggrin.gif

nvillacci

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Dog, you
icon_smile.gif

How are the frags doing?
Your toadstool is doing great, hes grown and is starting to attach to a rock. Your singularia dithced and has been MIA for about a week....

Later,
Nick

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had nudi eat all the plants that Michael had put in his reserve for me
icon_smile.gif

I had pleanty anyway, so I was glad they were well fed.

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick--I was going to ask you how the toadstool frag was doing. The place where I cut it off has completely healed and the toadstool is doing better than ever. I'll be needing to cut another piece off soon, as it's always against the glass.

The sinularia frags I kept are doing fine. Once I used the toothpick method to mount them to rocks, they all perked up and are starting to attach to the rocks now. I had also left the "trunk" of the sinularia in the tank to see if it would sprout new polyps and grow, but it started to disintegrate and I pulled it out this week.

The frag of monti is doing great--at least it seems to be open all the time. The other frags aren't bleached or anything, but I have trouble telling if the polyps are out or in, etc. They still have flesh on them, at any rate.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: