BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
New to reefing...these came with the tank I bought from some guy...don't know the name of them...is the top one still alive?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 160

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Looks like you have alot of algae on those rocks I bet there's tons of crap in them too. I would do a good water change, take out all the rocks, scrub , shake and rinse them in the old water before putting any corals in there. Nip it in the bud before you have problems later when its packed.

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Looks like you have alot of algae on those rocks I bet there's tons of crap in them too. I would do a good water change, take out all the rocks, scrub , shake and rinse them in the old water before putting any corals in there. Nip it in the bud before you have problems later when its packed.
@bad fish ive done a few already im about to do another one this weekend...I got it like that from the guy I bought it from, My buddy from SaltH2O in BK has been helping me regulate my tank one more water change and Should be down to zero...in your opinion should i scrub the rock or get a cleaning crew to clean the rocks, your thoughts?

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I would scrub it alto of the nitrates and phosphates are actually bound up in the algae when you scrub it you will see it come out also shake it in the water and get as much as possible out

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would scrub it alto of the nitrates and phosphates are actually bound up in the algae when you scrub it you will see it come out also shake it in the water and get as much as possible out
Ohhhh ok thanks for that advice!...I will do that tomorrow with my water change...hopefully I fall to 0 on my parameters after

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: